Sunday, June 29, 2008

GoOdByE SwEeTnEsS!

If you know me at all you know that I LoVe sweets... definitely a chocolate GiRl! Doesn't really matter: cookies, brownies, icecream, cakes, I can't think of anything that beats out chocolate chip cookie dough. Anyways... with that being said, I've decided that July is going to be sugar-FREE for me! I don't think I've ever gone a week without desserts, so a whole month will not be easy...but I'm going to give it a go!! Keith has inspired me! He loves desserts as much as I do but has not had a morsel of any kind of SWeet in 5 MONTHS!!! It all started with a bet... the bet's over but he is still staying strong! He feels better, has lost 30 lbs, and doesn't even seem to be tempted anymore. I'm hoping some of his self control will wear off on me!
I'm hoping posting it will help me stick with it!
Here it goes!

15 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh man, that sounds like my worst nightmare!! Seriously! Its true though, your body gets addicted to sugar...so once you get off it, your body probably doesn't crave it as much. Good luck with it, you are a strong woman!

Dusty said...

Go Lynsi, you can do it!

Nancy said...

okay so I'm curious, do you mean all sugar, or just no baked goods? Like would you eat a granola bar that had sugar in it? I've been contemplating this myself, but want to know the rules...

Stacie said...

I'll get in on this with you, you know my e-mail.(Good thing it's only the 29th right?) Sprinkles for our last hurrah?

Oh and Benjamin looks three years old in that picture to the right, Unbelievable!

Lynsi said...

Nanc.
By sugar I'm only meaning baked goods and the such...probably would say no to granola bars too. Yeah, I will totally eat fruit and stuff with natural sugar. ( I'll have to say no cinnamon rolls, which I just ate because July officially starts tomorrow..Starc you know how that goes) Oh this is going to be tough!

Steph Weaver said...

That is awesome, I should try the same. I was just talking to someone about a blog I came across that was about dieting. I think it will help me if I record it on my blog too!

Love Tayler's hair, so cute. KK is cute as always. Rex is growing up so quick and Ben has changed a ton since I saw him!

We miss you guys! Love ya!
Steph

Steph Weaver said...

p.s. Blake is SO envious that the girl's went o HSM! He and Ellie LOVE it and sing along with the soundtrack daily!!

Steph Weaver said...

Sorry for another post, but I just noticed KK cut her hair too! Darling!

Kris said...

You and Keith are amazing! I might melt if I don't have sweets often!

ashtrost said...

One time I did that for a week and I lost 7 pounds. I wish I could of lasted a month to see what would happen. I love sweets too much. Good luck, it will be fun to see what happens.

Jacque said...

you go girl! don't look in the primary prize box this week, k? stay far away.

love ya!

Brittney said...

k.... i am doing the no sweets with you this month! i weighed myself yesterday, and yikes! so, here goes! you inspired me to kick the sweet habbit! oooh, its gonna be tough! i think deep down, knowing i am not alone in this adventure, will make it a teeny bit easier! today is day one, and it was a success! heres to the rest of the month!

Cody said...

Wow!!! Good luck. I'm a girl who loves her dessert too and that'd be hard. But with your husband's support you can do it. I might even try it myself. :)

White Family said...

Deciding not to eat sweets isn't really that big of a deal......I decide that EVERY DAY! Following through??? Ouch! You're inspiring me, Lyns, especially for a gal that made chocolate chip cookies almost daily through elementary school!

Brett and Lisa said...

What a good goal! I have been trying to do this for the last month! It never works. THe smell of freshly baked goods and chocolate ALWAYS get the best of me. I just decided last night after eating 4 chocolate chipd cookies... yes 4... that I was going to start small and just go with out sweets for a week. That is less daunting. So, we can check up on eachother! Good luck!