Tuesday, November 13, 2007

FEISTY KK

Ok, For those of you who know KK you know she is our crazy, feisty, VERY strong willed child! We have Tayler who is our pleaser and who wants to be good and do everything right... then there's KK. Don't get me wrong, she is a sweet girl, she just has a mind of her OWN and is going to do what SHE wants to do when she wants to do it! She could care less about getting in trouble, BRING IT ON is her motto! Even though at times it gets challenging and wearing Keith and I appreciate her spunk and determination, we just hope she uses it for her good someday.

Well, for some reason the counting method, you the know the one that goes "KK, I'm going to count to three and you better stop"... (whatever it may be for the moment whether it's banging the table, dancing and singing during dinner prayer, or just torturing her sister) really works for KK. I'm actually really surprised this of all things helps. For some odd reason she usually will actually listen right away soon after she hears those numbers being counted down and do what I'm asking her to do. ( I have no idea what she actually thinks will happen if I get to three, but it works.)
Well, this past week my little counting method backfired on me. I guess KK decided if it's going to work on her then why shouldn't it work the other way around.
During sacrament meeting on Sunday she turned to me and asked for her fruit snacks for like the 10th time, after I had repeatedly told her to wait until after the sacrament. Anyways, it probably would have been way easier and I'm sure she would have been much more reverent if I would have just given in and given her the fruit snacks, but at that point I had decided I wasn't going to give in. SO...

She turns to me and says..."Mom, I'm going to count to three and if you don't give me my fruit snacks I'm going to scream as loud as I can!!!"

Next day it was "Mom, I'm going to count to three and you better let me have another brownie!!"
She was so serious, I couldn't help but LAUGH! We have our hands full with this girl, and I'm a little nervous because I've got a feeling Rex is going to be the same way! He already has her scowl mastered!

12 comments:

Piper said...

Hey Lynsi! I am so glad to see you blog and glad you found ours! It is so fun keeping in touch this way. I am glad to see that all is going well. And that story about KK was so funny. We are coming to AZ for Thanksgiving so I am sure we will see you then. PS I didn't know you were pregnant also...Congrats! That is so cool that you and Shelly are due around the same time.

Dusty said...

Oh KK is so funny. I have had a few run ins of my own with her. What a character!

Courtney said...

That is very funny. I have a couple of strong willed kids too but I've never had them count back to me. So did she end up screaming during sacrament?

Stacie said...

Hahah, it could've been worse Lyns, she could've pulled out the old "one, two, sixty-nine!" again.

Mary and Ryan said...

Gotta love KK!! My favorite KK memory is when she would down a whole bottle of Weinhearts! I was just like her when I was little.

Swirls of Happy said...

Ok, that is the cutest picture of her....she is soooo pretty!!! That is such a funny story, kids are so clever. So did you ever give in to the fruit snacks or did she scream as loud as she could? Too funny. Hopefully she will grow out of this stage before she is a teenager :)

Ryan said...

Thanks for informing us of the blog. I must admit the main point of my post though is to compliment your music selection. For the last two weeks the song that has been stuck in my head is reckoner by radiohead, but I haven't been able to share it with people because they have no idea what I'm talking about. So thanks.

Brittney said...

how funny... i can just imagine how you tried not to laugh in sacrament! i know libby is gonna be feisty... at 10 months old!

Chelsea said...

oh my gosh, i am dying of laughter at this post!!!!!!!!!!! that is the best thing ever, what a little sassy mouth! what is it with the 2nd kid? from what I hear (and experienced!) they are full of fire & FIESTY as can be. I think you just described MY kids, Braydens the sweet one & Kosty is our wolf in sheeps clothing. I am just glad to know even someone as sweet as you can still have a little firecracker. We need to set them up someday...wait, maybe not!

Chelsea said...

p.s.

Did you give her the fruit snacks?!!I would be scared to death of her threat to scream in church as lound as she can!!

Anonymous said...

Lynsi-Loo!! KK is too funny! And yes, I'm officially a blogger...

Nancy said...

oh now that is hilarious. I so have a KK on my hands with Hallie, maybe it's a second child syndrome or something because Dallas and Taylor are a lot alike personality wise too. I think there is a lot to be said for placement in a family. Too funny, I wonder if she'd have really screamed in sacrament, I'd have like to seen that!