2012 updates:
2011 was a great year and treated us well. We were blessed to welcome baby drew to our family and welcomed the changes that came with a new move! To start out the year I thought I'd jot down some January 2012 updates on the kids that I know I'll be happy to look back on at the end of the year!
tays- Tayler LOVES to be tucked in each and every night. a simple hug and I love you just doesn't cut it. She asks Keith or I to lay down with her and "chat" and snuggle for as long as she can get! She Loves the song Party Rock Anthem and sings it around the house. (until all the rest of us are singing it too!) All of a sudden the "comfy" style that she has loved for so long has been replaced with stylish skinny jeans+neon vans+scarf.(her go to look) while in AZ over Thanksgiving I think everyone we saw (friends and family) all mentioned how grown up tays looked! she LoVES treats... mainly chocolate. She would do anything for anyone except share her chocolate with them! When I tuck her in at night it's not unusual for the last thing for her to say is "Can you make a chocolate cake tomorrow" or "Can we get doughnuts in the morning?"Tays is very serious about school, she works hard and has made a goal to get staight A's all year. She's very responsible and self motivated which I love! She loves getting up to speak in front of people! (she doesn't get that from me!) No fear whatsoever! She was one of 12 students chosen from her grade to recite a poem she memorized in the school auditorium and did amazing! Her primary teacher challenged her class to read to BOM this year, Tayler excepted the challenge but said she would be the first one done (and diligently reads everynight!) I love that Tays is our first, we couldn't have a better example!
kk-KK is loving dance these days! She is taking classes five hours a week and when she's not at dance she is usually dancing around the house or making up dances with friends to perform! She has just mastered her splits and backbend kickover. KK is very nurturing and has always been that way whether it's with her little brothers or her american girls. For Christmas KK welcomed her American Girl, Julie, to our family! The other night she feel asleep watching a movie so I carried her downstairs and put her in her bed, but she woke up panicked that her American girls were not tucked in and ready for bed. She then got up and made sure they were sung to and tucked in properly! KK is very honest, she speaks her mind. always! I just got called as Primary choirister, which is a total stretch for me... I asked KK how I did the first Sunday... she let me know that I was a bit "awkward and stiff". ha! she's usually right on though! She then imitated me and showed me what I could work on! KK loves to be outside, she is always the first one bundling up to go out and play in the snow. Whenever I ask who wants to come on a walk with me.. I can always count on KK to come with me! KK was also chosen from her grade as one of the students to recite her poem. She works hard at her homework but often tells us she would rather be at a school with not so much work!
rex- gets so excited his whole body shakes. wears his jersey daily, favorite thing to do is watch jimmer with dad, loves Junior Jazz
ben- gets out of his bed 10 times a night, daddy's boy, loves the song I'll stand by you by the pretenders, always has to know where rex is-his best friend, can eat 15 sticks of string cheese in one day, stubborn, I have to pray for extra patience with ben every day!
drew- wakes up at all hours of the night, empties his favorite drawer everyday, says ball, will find a ball anywhere to play with, loves watching his siblings, most active boy so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment