Another first day of school. Each school year seems to go more quickly than the last at lightening speed! Tays is starting her sophomore year and has decided to try something new this year, cheer-leading. The first day of school the cheerleaders went to school in their uniforms and bows ( tays looked darling) and were there ready to welcome the student body to a brand new year. Tays spent most of her summer mornings at cheer practice bright and early, I'm not sure she knew what a commitment cheer would be, but so far she is loving it and has enjoyed getting to know the girls and has loved trying something new and challenging.
Kinley is starting her 8th grade year, which will be her last year at Bayview. She is co-president this year of the school and will be an excellent leader! (following in the footsteps of her sister) KK loves to lead and be the one to make decisions : )Rex is starting 5th grade, and Ben 3rd. The boys are excited to jump back into school and see their friends. Drew will be starting kindergarten and couldn't be more excited and READY to join in on all the action with his siblings! He's excited about riding the bus and leaving each morning with his brothers. Drew started reading this summer and picked it up quite easily, I have no doubt he is going to have a great year!
This will be the first year for me that all the kids are in school. My days of going to the park, the children's museum, and running errands with little ones in tow are coming to an end. Raising babies and toddlers was such a joy and a stage in my life that I will always cherish, but I'm excited to start on this new chapter and enjoy these kids as they are getting older and embarking on new things. Keith and I find no greater joy than cheering these 5 on in all they love to do. It keeps us really busy, but we love it so much! I'm also excited to start on projects that have been on my long list of things to do for some time! Here's to another great school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment