Sunday, May 29, 2016

blog catch up

All sorts of photos to catch up on since the first of the year. I seriously can't believe we are once again at the end of yet another school year. It's the countdown over here... only 2 and half weeks left of school. Its been such a great year, so many fun memories and good times... 

 Girls day out in Seattle- shopping, eating Molly Moons and Chick-fila. So grateful for these girls, and love nothing more than spending time with them on our girls outings! 

Back at the beginning of the year we had a three day weekend and everyone's calendars were clear (which hardly ever happens) so we decided it was the perfect time for a little get away to Semiahmoo. The forecast said rain for the entire weekend, but none of us minded. We packed lots of good food, games, movies and rain boots and made it a go. I love that our kids love to be together as a family- nothing makes me happier! 






 Just a picture documenting Rex's skills in talking me into letting him miss school and dropping him off at the golf course instead! I guess the warmer spring weather helped his cause, I mean who would want to be inside on a nice spring day, haha! 
 Bike rides with these cute boys, the scenery around here is so beautiful, makes even a bike ride feel magical! 
 Visits with Granddad, he continues to decline in some ways... he sleeps a lot of the time and has become very quiet, not communicating as much as he once did, also he has a hard time walking on his own.. but one thing remains the same... he is still the sweetest, most tender man! He always smiles, and says thank you to everyone, I have no doubt he is the favorite patient at his home!  
So grateful for Granddad and that he had a part in raising such a good son! 
 The long awaited Justin Bieber concert! Seriously my very favorite Christmas memory just may have been watching Tays open those concert tickets! In my book the concert itself didn't measure up to the joy of watching Tays open the tickets on Christmas morning as tears poured down her face as she could hardly mutter a word other than "I"m just so happy"  it was an incredible night witnessing Tays experience her first concert : ) Memories were definitely made and it was quite the concert! 

 Keith especially loved the Justin Bieber shirt Tays brought home, ha ; )
 March Madness 

 A visit from Grammy and Papa




I love the relationship between these two! They just finished reading the Harry Potter series together along with all the Percy Jackson books...now they are onto The Hunger Games. Rex can hardly wait to get upstairs to read with Keith each night, I know this is something that Rex will always look back on with fond memories, l love that Keith has instilled a love of books and reading in our kids! When these guys are not reading, they're golfing and when they're not golfing they're practicing basketball skills! Keith is such a good dad to our boys, I love him for it! 

2 comments:

jan said...

I love to see how much fun your family has together. Wow! I don't know how you fit it all in! xo

Anonymous said...

Rex has some good looks I really like. I think he is beautiful and I luv this picture!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjQ7U17_9OMrZh_VIYGimk2N-Uyi_eLt3xtzxyrnTUdsO_CDzkaBy_JvvGotsP2pxJQ89USsOnlCm_M3AET10NVM4Lh_zX-eZ_l3ag__Npvo9v7CM4U9F75GwJcAxVYx1Ho2J7B0Mg60XoA/s0/IMG_2938.JPG