Saturday, April 20, 2013

lately

Our schedules over here are all sorts of busy these days. With most days consisting of baseball games, volleyball games, dance, church activities, martial arts, Yoga ( for KK), gardening club, and t-ball games... whatever day it is, its safe to say we always have at least one place to be, and usually two. Keith and I have reached that point where we split up as I go watch one kid play in one sporting event while keith goes and takes another. It all works out though, but man, five kids is b u s y!!!! 

Our house projects are moving along... this week they are finishing up on the roof, we decided on a black metal roof, and we love the way it's turning out! We moved back upstairs into our kitchen, which was so exciting after five weeks of eating off our pool table in the basement with the microwave and mini fridge.  I'll never look back and miss that! This week we're starting on the yard- the project that the kids and Keith are most excited about!

hmm, what else. Drew is officially two, and geez is he TWO! He actually was pretty close to being completely potty trained at 22 months, wearing nothing but big boy undies during the day! (ok clothes with his big boy undies, but you know what I mean... no diapers.) BUT as of recently he has decided the whole being potty trained thing is totally over rated and just oh so inconvenient... so yeah he's back in pull ups, full time! I'm not sure if it's due to his laziness or mine! He's a fun one at bedtime too! He has discovered how to jump out of his crib and also unlock his bedroom door. The other night, which happened to be the first night he discovered how to unlock the door, he came running out with the biggest grin, he was so pleased with himself. And why shouldn't he have been?... he had four siblings laughing hysterically cheering him on for his big accomplishment... chanting drewbe!!! "drewbe!!!" "drewbe!!!" Good times with a two year old I tell ya! Oh but I do love this boy, he is my baby afterall!

Speaking of Drew, someone decided to chew up my camera cord, so I haven't been able to download pictures other than the ones from my phone,
so here's a few random pictures to hold our blog over until I order a new one:



Just a late night trip to target with my girls where tays tried to convince KK and I she desperately needed these heels! She was successful in  making us laugh as she strut up and down the aisles! They looked especially nice with her volleyball attire!



Have you ever seen eyebrows like these? She gets those beauties from her daddy! KK knows how to make us laugh! One thing I love about this girl is how she loves to entertain her brothers! She spent an entire evening making up a dance with Rex and Ben. There are always performances happening around here- and what would a performance be without hair and makeup?




The other day Drew wouldn't go on a walk without his basketball and football, likewise Ben wouldn't run errands to Costco without his T-ball hat and mitt. We've got some athletes on our hands! Ben had his first T-ball game this week. He woke up first thing, put his uniform on, grabbed his mitt, and was ready to go by 8:00am. He pretty much couldn't handle life once he realized he had to wait until that night after dinner for his game! Once game time FINALLY arrived his first time up to bat he hit the ball and it bounced up and hit a little kid on the other team in the forehead. Unfortunately I wasn't there yet, because I was still at Tays volleyball game.. but I heard all about it! I guess he ran all the way to first base yelling with excitement with a fist pump because of his excitement about hitting someone! In his mind it was a grand slam! Oh Ben!


Drewbe at the park this week picking flowers, or weeds, or whatever they were, and sayin "here momma!" So sweet! A little heartbreaker!


Rex and his baseball!


Keith and I were able to go down to Seattle a couple weeks ago to attend a wedding of one of Keiths friends from high school. It was so nice to leave the kids at home and spend an evening with my man!

And then there is Drew escaping from his car seat. Cribs and car seats are just not his thing! Seriously a handful this boy!

I guarantee I have the most stubborn, strong willed child on the planet, yes his name is Ben... it makes for some interesting shopping trips!  Check out that expression!
One of my favorite things about this area is the beauty! I can walk down to the corner and have a stream for the boys to throw rocks in for two hours straight, or in drew's case to "fish" in.  Good ole little boy fun!

Here's a first look at a before/after shot. Sure it's just a hallway, but walking through the before and after is like night and day! It's hard to tell because of the lighting, but you get the idea!
 
Before:



During:


After:


So yes, life is busy...but oh so good!  I feel blessed everyday to have Keith and the kids by my side!

3 comments:

White Family said...

Family life is crazy busy, right!? I laughed about the cord being chewed up. Better feed those kiddos some more groceries! (JK)

Jacque said...

you have always amazed me, lyns! i don't know how you keep up with all your energetic kiddos and do it with such grace and a smile on your face! the hallway looks awesome! drew and carseats sounds like avery! she is not a fan either.

miss you!

sbk said...

I loved reading this Wilson family update, it's nice to hear what everyone is up to. Missing you guys so much. And your house is looking amazing! Can't wait to come visit sometime.
xo
Shanna