Tuesday, March 19, 2013

lately...

man oh man it's been a while since I've updated this little ole blog of ours. Time to do a little catch up...
all sorts of good, exciting, and stressful things happening at our house lately.
To start, our lives have been turned upside down these past couple weeks due to our current home renovation that has finally come underway! It is completely exciting, but crazy nonetheless to live through. Today marks the 17th day without a kitchen... we've enjoyed just about everything that a microwave or toaster has to offer : ) I have to say though our kids have been troopers, and I think Keith and I haven't done too bad ourselves, we're hanging in there! Last week was especially awesome (or not) when we discovered our bathtub filling up with sewage, and had to take a break from using the water for a couple days.. Nothing like camping out in your own house! But that was last week, and this is this week! Cabinets are in, and we expect counter tops this week! Hallelujah! Our home is transforming before our eyes and it's so much fun to see! Oh it will all be worth it, this is what we keep reminding ourselves! We're pretty much accustomed to dust, workers showing up at 8:00am, and eating off our pool table down in the basement. I'll be sure to post some before and after pictures in the next few weeks!
So going back a couple weeks... I was able to fly to Arizona for a quick couple days to run in the Ragnar Relay Race with so many of my favorite girl friends, including my sista Shell! We had a blast, to say the least! i highly recommend running in one of these races, especially if you've got a group of friends as great as mine : ) Other than the fact that I got a little (or should I say, alot) dehydrated on my first 13.5 mile run and had to spend a few hours in urgent care (nothing a few IV's couldn't take care of...) I had the best time!
I think  I better commit to another race here sooner than later, judging by the fact that I haven't run once since I've been home.
The week after i got back, Keith was able to spend time in Oregon at Bandon Dunes on his annual golf trip with his long time friends and brother. These guys don't mess around, 56 holes a day! Yes, they're crazy!
Tayler had awesome news a couple weeks ago, she tried out for the school play and was so excited to end up with the lead role as Snow White! She practiced her lines and worked so hard, and nailed her performances! It was so much fun to watch, I was smiling the entire performance! I was one proud mamma! AND we were also proud of Rex! He was alittle unsure about the whole thing, but last minute decided to try out and made it! I have to say he made a pretty adorable, oh I mean scary bat!
There honestly isn't a slow moment around here these days. Between activities, school, remodel, and church it keeps us on our toes! Not only are my running shoes collecting dust, but my camera is as well. Keith surprised me with an I-phone for Valentine's day, how did I ever manage without one before, I do not know : ) Anyway that's all I ever seem to snap pictures with anymore, so heres what I've got... a few recent shots from Instagram.




3 comments:

melissa walker said...

You guys are always up to fun stuff! We lived out of the crockpot when we were doing our kitchen. We used crock pot liners and I found tons of recipes where it was open stuff up and dump it in. Found some great ones if you need them. Your kids are getting so big--we're hoping to get up this way this summer, so we'll have to drop in and see everyone and your new house!

Grapefruit said...

So sad we missed each other (again!) when you were here. Why do we always have the universe against us in that way? Hugs to everyone!

sbk said...

I'm glad to get a Wilson update...missing you guys!