Immediately I thought to myself...does he know I have FIVE little kids, does he know I only know a handful of these women, does he know we are renovating our home right now, does he know how old I am ( surely I'm not old enough!!), does he know how unprepared I am for this???
Let me tell ya I definitely felt overwhelmed (and still do), but at the same time I can't deny the fact that I was immediately filled with peace for some reason. I have no doubt in my mind that our H.F. has a plan and there must be a reason for this at this time. I know he will help me through this experience and that it will be an opportunity for me to learn and grow in so many ways.
I know this calling is going to be a challenge, a big one for that matter! For one, I'm going to have to organize my life enough to make time for everything. (including running, which I've struggled with lately.) I have no doubt there will be lots of challenges and feelings of inadequacy along the way! BUT I know this will be a blessing for me and my family. I know it will provide a great opportunity to serve and that I will learn and grow through this experience and my testimony will be stronger because of it. I'm grateful for my mom who I'm sure I will be calling constantly for help!
Life is interesting that way, you never know what's coming your way. All you can do is to try your best and to put your faith in Heavenly Father, that he'll help you through it, whatever it may be.
*just a glimpse of what past Sunday looked like...
9:00am keith left for a young mens meeting , he came home in time for me to run out to a 10:30 meeting (which I had to leave by 10:00 since our building is half hour away.) I was done with my meeting by noon, and then Keith showed up at the church an hour early with all the kids so he could make his 12:00 meeting. I then found an empty room in the building, busted out the cooler I had packed with lunches and fed the kids in the nursery room while we waited an hour for 1:00 church to start. Then we stayed an hour after the three hour block of church to be set apart. Oh our poor kids. I was feeling for them by the time the day was done!
oh and we've started to have some rain, the boys are pretty excited!
13 comments:
You will do awesome! I would love to be in a ward where you are the RS pres! And we love the neighborhood! Thanks so much for telling me about this house.
You will do such a great job. You are perfect for this calling...kind, loving, creative and such a great example to all those lucky woman around you! Good luck! And when in doubt...just bake them some of your famous banana bread...that will DEFINITELY win them over!
I agree with Grapefruit, you will do awesome. And if not, you can distract them with your chocolate chip cookies or lemon bars. ;)
wow lynds! that is big. but you do have the right stuff for that calling. you are so caring and kind and easy to get along with. not to mention stylish and fun and a fantastic mommy. you will be such a great example and friend to those ladies :)
Not surprising at all Lynds! They are smart people over there! You will be an incredible RS Pres. Such a sacrifice, but like you said, so many blessings comin your way! Thrilled for you! Congrats!
I have to admit I'm NOT surprised! Take comfort in the fact that you're an amazing female and the women in your new ward are truly blessed to have you in this calling. Also take comfort in the fact that only males can serve as bishop; if that weren't the case, you would be leading the entire ward. Congrats! If it gets to be too much, just tell Keith to go to church half the time. Works for me! Then they'll put you in scouts and you can wear the oh so flattering tan and boxy button down every Tuesday night.
Wow--you've got a lot on your plate, but you'll handle it all beautifully! Gail said today that you are the perfect woman for the job right now!
You will be wonderful! What a treat to be in your Relief Society! I wish I lived closer, so I could play with the kiddos while you take care of Relief Society service. I'll be calling you for RS ideas and advice.
thanks for the kind words:)
well, you had so much spare time only having 5 kids....SOmehow, someway it will work, and you will be amazing! Do your best and the Lord will fill in the rest!
isn't it amazing the way things happen... and the callings that come when you least expect them.
i felt like that when i was called as a RS pres at BYU. totally shocked and thought i was not up to such a calling. turns out though that Heavenly Father knew i needed that experience, as i was going to decide to serve a mission that semester and would need His help learing a lot of lessons.
you are such a wonderful, thoughtful, loving person. (and hopefully your counselors and secretary will take on a lot of the load!) they will help you a ton, because you're so easy to love and serve with.
i know it'll all turn out okay!
sending love your way!
Oh Lyns! Wow! You got this girl!!! You are amazing and this will only make you that much more so. I miss you so much but it has been so much fun getting to know Shelly. She is awesome too. Your mom did something right in raising you girls! Can't wait to see you in February. Love ya!
Oh my goodness Lynsi! You will be so good:). That Sunday schedule sounds totally crazy, but if anyone can do it - you can. It was probably even a gourmet lunch you served the kids:) You will do great!
Post a Comment