Sunday, September 23, 2012

the giving tree

Anyone ever read The Giving Tree  by shel silverstein? This cute story has been in our reading pile the past couple of weeks so we've read it several times, and man let me just tell ya, it's a tear jerker!
My goal today was to have Rex read to me in the morning, as opposed to at night-which just gets plain crazy sometimes! Anyway, he happened to pick up this book.
I forewarned him that I might shed a few tears. and sure enough. I did.
...a story about a tree who gave everything she could to ensure the little boy she loved so much was happy, gets me every time!
After Rex finished reading the story he just looked up at me and sort of grinned, confused by all my tears.
I sat there (in my funny fighting back tears voice) and just tried to explain to Rex that I know just how that tree felt, because that is the same way I feel about him.
What is it about little boys, they just steal their mothers hearts!

3 comments:

Steoffrey said...

cant wait for a little boy, yours are just so cute! :)

Audrey said...

that is one of my favorite books! and your boys are the cutest!

Mary and Ryan said...

I have a thing for boys myself:) Im glad to know that it applies even to people who have girls too:)