Monday, September 10, 2012

old school dress up

 
 
When Kirk and Paula moved out of this home, the one room they left untouched for us to go through was the old toy room. (it's been the one project I've been dying to get to)
I finally got started on it this weekend and let me just tell ya I came across some amazing "treasures" as Paula would say... old books and vintage toys that have probably been tucked away for 20 years. 
It was all fun to go through but probably our favorite find were the old dress up bins! Once I got them all out and washed the kids had an absolute blast trying them all on, especially KK. She chased me around in this outfit skipping around the house till I was literally crying in laughter!
Just a bit of background on some of these outfits: Rex is sporting Keith's old karate outfit, ben had Holly's old cheer outfit on paired with a brown suede jacket, drew was wearing an old onesie that belonged to some one (?) and I believe KK's mask was an old Halloween costume of Keiths...
KK also scored some darling vintage outfits for her American girls!
Try to ignore our torn off wallpaper walls in the background, we're hoping to start painting this week! (if I can ever decide on colors!)


 I was loving drew in this old school onesie!
 

 

4 comments:

Steoffrey said...

LOVE that little onesie on Drew! If I ever have a boy I may need to borrow that. ;)

Grace said...

Got to love all those old costumes. I'm pretty sure I wore most of those for one Halloween or another. The daisy duck hat used to be Joni's as I recall, and the Karate outfit actually may have been Kirk's. He was baptized in it in the hot tub right there on the deck.

melissa walker said...

Your kids are so crazy--in a good way! They have so much fun together!

Lynsi said...

Grace I loved that tidbit of information, fun to know what belonged to who!