Over the weekend we spent majority of the day Saturday lounging watching the Olympics and golf ( seriously never thought I'd be into watching golf...but go Rory!!!)
By late afternoon, it was definitely time to get everyone out of the house and get going, doing something, preferably something that involved moving and being outside. Anyway, I suggested we go out for a family hike.
Well it happened to be well over 90 degrees outside and little did I know we were about to have some very unhappy little hikers. At every turn it went something like this... ( very sarcastically I might add) "nice idea, MOM!" "Yeah, mom this is so much fun!!!" "hey mom, it's HOT!!!" ( I mean we just moved from AZ, we should be able to deal with some heat, right??)
Lovely, all I had tried to do was come up with something fun to do! Apparently this was not their idea of that!
THANKFULLY we got to our destination and it just happened to be a lake, (phew!!) everyone followed Keith in, fully dressed, and from that point on, once everyone was cooled off, it was all good. Ended up being a great time and by the time we were done we had five smiling children!
3 comments:
Love your guys' spontaneity and sense of adventure! Is Drew sporting some sort of hiking shoe? Why is he so old looking!?
PS-From the looks of that 4th picture it looks like Keith got a new fancy tattoo, I like it! ;)
oh my gosh starce, I'm laughing so hard! Yeah can you imagine Keith with full back wing tattoos, actually i don't know maybe it would be a good look on him!
This post made me laugh. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the hike in the end!
Post a Comment