But with that said I have been eating much better, I've decided my motto is moderation! The second I try to cut out desserts completely, also happens to be the same second that desserts is all of a sudden all I want to eat! Anyway, I've decided good ole clean eating with a treat (chocolate of course) here or there (or maybe once a day) works best for me! I've been very inspired by my sister Shanna's blog... not only can you eat healthy but you can be creative with it and enjoy it too! Another plus I've noticed is when I'm eating more fresh healthy foods, I naturally am feeding my kids the same way. Green shakes with wheat grass+raspberries+blueberries+yogurt+spinach is definitely better for them too, rather than the go to cookies and milk!
What I'm really excited about is planting a garden, as are my girls! Washington is going to be the perfect place for that! Something about eating right from your backyard feels so good. I remember my mom making homemade salsa from all her garden tomatoes, and zucchini bread from the zucchini almost daily! It was all she could do to use it all up, even after delivering bags to the neighbors! Why is it for some reason eating zuccini bread using zucini from the garden makes it feel so much healthier, even with all that sugar and butter!
(Hopefully) by next year, we'll have a little garden where we can go pick ourselves some strawberries and raspberries to throw on our morning cereal. I love the thought of that!
On a completely different note: Yesterday I was with my boys picking out a movie at Redbox and I noticed the movie The Artist. I never rent movies because
a) I know it's impossible for me to sit still that long and
b.) If I do sit down long enough to watch a movie it's like a 95% chance I'll fall asleep.
Poor Keith, I'm the worst movie night date, ever!
Anyway, this was one movie that I had really been interested in seeing and then forgot about until I saw it there staring back at me at the Redbox. Last night I ended up surprising myself by staying awake well past 1:00am watching it. Berenice Bejo is seriously gorgeous! I think her smile, wardrobe, dancing, and darling 1920's hats is what kept be completely tuned in! It is such a creative movie, oh and there's no words, just music. If you haven't seen it, you probably should go rent it, today!
seriously isn't she stunning!

6 comments:
i think that you look just like her... YOU are stunning! And I totally feel ya with the chocolate thing. There is no way for me to cut it out completely. Luckily for me, my sweet tooth gets curb by my pregnancies... hope it lasts, but usually it come back full force after the baby is born!
Your green smoothie recipe sounds awesome - I need to get myself some wheat grass:)
And Washington sounds like a dream - I'm excited for you guys!
I seriously love you and everything you do & say! You guys will thrive in Washington! The garden sounds dreamy!
I loved reading all of your updates! It was so fun to see you all a few weeks ago! The kids have so many fun stories to tell about the time they had playing with cousins this summer. I showed M and M the updates and they say hi to everyone. So excited for your new adventure in Washington! Brad is an amazing gardener so we have had an adbundance of veggies this spring/summer. One of our favorites ended up being eggplant. Brad makes a delicious eggplant sandwich. When we'd eat our eggplant I'd think of when Miles was little and he called himself Miles Eggplant White....you may remember...haha. It'll be fun to see the garden you grow in beautiful Washington!:)
oh my gosh kandis, I totally remember that! That is hilarious!
Lyns, you have me wanting to plant something and watch the Artist. I'll let you know if I stay awake (Like daughter, like mother)!
Post a Comment