this week I got a call from kk while she was at school. " I'm not feeling good mom" she said. hmmm. I wasn't sure I was buying it but I was actually headed to the school anyway to drop off Rex at kindergarten. The half smile on her face (that she was trying so hard to hide) totally gave away that she was just fine, but I ended up agreeing she could come with me. I assured her she would have no fun and that I was headed to the grocery store and to run errands. Anyway turns out the grocery store wasn't too bad afterall. She found just the pair of sunglasses that she has been looking for and happened to find the perfect construction hats and toolbelts for the boys in the dollar section. She was so excited to come home and wrap up little gifts for the boys. She waited by the window for Ben to get off the bus, he hardly got in the door before she handed him his present all wrapped in last years christmas paper. She then continued to take him around the entire house so he could "fix" anything that was "broken" with his new toolbelt! In the end I decided it was well worth letting her come home just to watch these two have fun all afternoon together!
1 comment:
You may be the one wanting to sneak her home next time! Sounds like it was just as much fun for you to have her home as it was for her to be there.
Post a Comment