This week the boys started school and are now official school goers! Ben started preschool on Monday and Rex had his first day of kindergarten Wednesday. Rex was more than ready, especially with his sisters starting a whole week before him and his little brother even starting a couple days before! By the time Wednesday rolled around he couldn't have waited another day! Lets just say he loved every minute of it. Today as I dropped him off I turned to watch him walk to his class with his friends, and as I did he saw me and yelled from across the parking lot "BYE MOM" in his loudest voice and waved goodbye. It pretty much made my day! Ben on the otherhand, has had quite different feelings about saying goodbye. He says preschool is scary (this is a kid who has no problem jumping off the high dive, but when it comes to preschool is scared to death!) He likes it a bit more every day and I'm confident he'll love it by next week, or at least I hope he will!
Our basement reminded me very much of the "white house" basement back in the day, overflowing with neighboorhood friends for a movie night tonight. (only I was the one upstairs making the treats.) The girls set it all up, made sure everyone was invited, and even made sure the stinky boys went home and showered first before they'd let them come back! I overheard KK telling one of the boys "boys stink! Go home and take a shower and then come back." Funny thing is he did.
Everyone seems to be adjusting to Utah quite well! I've even been able sneak out for a few runs, which this is a great place for!
We are looking forward to our visitors that will be here in the upcoming months!
4 comments:
Aahhh....this post made me miss you all even more! xo
Haha Ben looks terrified in that last picture. We were just talking last night about how much we missed Bens gibberish yelling. TWO WEEKS!!! :)
Lynsi, I've been meaning to leave you a comment. I've read your blog here and there. You have such a cute family. What part of Utah did you move to? I've been here 10 years now. Oh that makes me sad to say that. I still miss home. If you have a minute send me and email and I'll give you more info of where we are etc. heatherdjep@hotmail.com
Heather Alexander
So funny! I hope Ben starts lOving it soon! We are missing you guys and can't wait to see you all. I heard the new plan is to come after Christmas?! Awesome! That's like a whole week :)
Post a Comment