Thursday, January 27, 2011


Last night I got home around 9:00 pm from picking Tays up from gymnastics... I figured Rex would be fast asleep. Um. that was not the case. Instead I found these two on the couch hootin and hollerin, cheering on BYU basketball. (which was seriously a cute sight to behold!) Rex was fist pumpin chanting jimmer... jimmer... jimmer!!! I can't claim to be much of a sports nut, but I was fully entertained the rest of the night watching the game with these boys. (half watching the game, half watching Rex's intense facial expressions!). The fact that Rex was so into it, Keith felt was more than deserving of a reason to let him stay up way past his bedtime to watch and cheer on the Cougs! Tonight is another late night of b-ball for these boys. This time though, Rex is in his PJ's at Keith's late night church game cheering on his daddy on the bench. Wish I could see that!
side note: towards the end of the byu game last night Rex asked to sit in my lap. I told him I didn't have much of a lap to sit in anymore. He then asked me if I would have a lap again after the baby came. I assured him I would. He then just looked at me and sighed and said.. Man I hope your baby gets here soon then! made me laugh.

8 comments:

Steoffrey said...

So cute! Rex is all that.

Brett and Lisa said...

so cute!! I wish we lived closer - Ry and Rex sound like they would be a great match! Today, Ry sat at the park and watched a random baseball practice for about 20 minutes and cheered for all the boys. Hang in there these last few weeks!

Dusty said...

So cute, so cute. . . I love Rex. He is such a handsome boy and funny too. His comment about your baby is classic:)

Grace said...

I have to admit that I skipped mutual to watch the game myself. I may have been doing some fist pumping action too. I love that Rex is so into it, I bet Keith loves that.

melissa walker said...

That is so great!

Nancy said...

I think there's a cute little book about how a mama "loses her lap" while she's pregnant. It might be Bearenstein Bears or something, but that would be cute to find! Love the Cougs and Jimmer, I think everyone is feeling the excitement.

White Family said...

Gotta love that Rex is as good in action as he is at spectating! Those two make a great team!

Ashley said...

That is the cutest thing ever! Rex is too funny.