Happy December.
we started the activity advent calendar tradition last year. Every morning the kids wake up to take turns reading what we'll be doing that evening...even though I'm pretty sure Tayler has read ahead for the entire month. Everytime I turn around she's sneaking around to make sure I'm not looking while she opens another box to take a peek.
Tonight we turned down the Christmas music to dust off the Christmas books. Thanks to Grammy we have plenty... every year since Keith and I have been married it's been tradition to receive a new Christmas book with a sweet message in the inside cover from my parents. We have quite the collection and love it.
here's a look at our advent list for 2010.
read christmas books. sip hot cocoa and listen to christmas music. make gingerbread house. Gingerbread house party. grammy and papa over for dinner. temple lights. ward christmas breakfast. make reindeer food. watch christmas movie as a family. make holiday cookies for a neighbor. tell someone in the family you love them and why. do a secret service. read a story out of the December Friend. make teachers christmas cards. mail out family christmas cards. make a christ centered goal for the new year. call cousins to wish them a merry christmas. smores by the fire. missionaries for dinner. read scriptures about Christ. open christmas pj's and gift exchange. Grammy and Papas house-act out Nativity with cousins.

3 comments:
Such a lovely Christmas season! Glad to be a part of it!
Those all sound so fun. We do the same thing at our house and it's a full time job just keeping Mitchell and Jane out of those little pockets trying to sneak ahead!
So I totally copied your advent calander you made last year & I made one too... now I'm going to copy all your ideas for activities too! Thanks for being so creative!
Post a Comment