Thursday, November 11, 2010

the newest family golfer

KK has decided in the past couple weeks that she wants GOLF to be her thing. She has been begging Keith to take to her to get her own set of clubs and she even asked if she could replace her weekly gymnastics with golf lessons. Well, last week after Keith got home from work the two of them snuck out to see what they could find. KK was beyond thrilled when she came home with her own set! She called grammy right when she walked in the door to share the news! I was surprised grammy could even understand her through all of her excitement! Dad made her night!!!

Tayler on the otherhand said golf is WAY to boring for her, in fact she said she's sure it's the most boring sport in the world! Which reminds me of a funny story that happened yesterday involving Tayler. We were at the park, when a woman approached me and said there was a girl with a knife. Before I knew it she was pointing up to the top of the tree to Tayler (which happens to be her favorite spot) who was up there with her bucket, rope, "booby traps", Halloween candy, and her pocket knife. The woman was trying to find who this girl belonged to. Once I realized she was talking about Tayler I quickly explained and apologized that, no I didn't realize tayler had brought her pocket knife with her to the park but I assured her it was all in a Tom Sawyer kind of way and not in a scary threatening kind of way! We got a good laugh! I love Tayler's adventerous spirit, even though I had to tell her to leave her knifes at home!

So golf is not Tayler's thing but KK and Rex are loving it right now! They were excited to go out today to spend the afternoon with Keith and the Weaver boys hitting golf balls at the driving range.

Getting a few practice swings before they were off.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Very cute! I LOVE Rex's hat.

Grace said...

I should have made Keith take me golfing when I was KK's age. I'm awful. Golf is fun though, so I hope KK will stick with it, it really could be her thing.