Sunday, April 4, 2010

I've been meaning to find a reason to dust off the ole sewing machine for a while now! I think the last time I had it out I was making blankets shortly before Rex was born... over FoUr years ago! Well, I saw some of the darling fabrics that my friend Jacque had been using for her burpcloths and I couldn't resist a trip down to one of her favorite fabric stores to start a project of my own... I decided to start with aprons for the kids for Easter. After an afternoon of sewing 101 with my mom, (i'm very beginner) I came home and got to work. I decided to make a couple extra with the left over fabric for KK's dolls, I knew she'd be more excited about their's than hers. I'm not sure just how excited the boys were about their new aprons. Ben's looked like a dress on him, it was hard not to laugh to see him in it, and Rex was ok with it as long as he could hold a basketball at all times when the apron was on. O'well they were fun to make!
Happy Easter!

KK got right to bakin... she threw on her apron and baked everyone banana bread for breakfast!

11 comments:

Becca and fam said...

Lynsi, the aprons are ADORABLE!!! You have such a great eye for style. Beautiful job!

fREnCh TrOSt said...

So cute! I love the fabric & that you made some for the dolls too!

Nancy said...

I'm impressed, they are so cute, the kids and the aprons!

Jacque said...

they turned out so cute!

i love that rex had to hold the b-ball and ben is adorable!

the pockets add such a nice touch! love them!

Chelsea said...

I so wish I could sew. I'm beyond help. (I've tried)

But good for you, they turned out great!

Anonymous said...

i love them lynsi, you are so talented and just love the colors! ummm, can i place an order?

regina said...

that was me... daniel is always signed in these days checking his e-mail account.

Tyler and Kelly White said...

So cute! I am sure the boys love those manly aprons

sbk said...

Those turned out so good - they are adorable!

Blondie Blues said...

So cute as always! Love the aprons...patterns and colors are to DYE for!

Toria said...

impressive for just "dusting off' the machine.
I got your note on my blog- yes Caitlin and I are in the same ward and became fast friends. She's so fun and stylish- like you!
looks like you guys are having a blast in Moon Valley- someday, someday maybe we'll join you there.
Hi to all!
Toria