Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. W h i t e.congratulations!






Ty and Kelly were married this past weekend on Friday Harbor. Where is this you may ask... well after flying to Seattle, you would drive North for two hours to a darling little town called Anacortes, where then you would proceed to catch a ferry through the breathtaking San Juan Islands until you would find yourself arriving to the ever so lovely Friday Harbor. Everything about Friday Harbor calls out quaint, charming, and beautiful! I couldn't put away my camera, everywhere I looked deserved a picture! Even though it's been a while, I was actually feeling right at home. 8 years ago Friday Harbor was just one of the many islands Keith and I would boat around to, explore, and check off our list. Keith grew up just miles from Anacortes and we lived there for nearly a year... soon after we were married. It brought back lots of memories of camping out in our little boat to all the islands, and crabbing every night until sundown! Until then, I had never experienced the Northwest, it was a whole new life! We have such amazing memories of the San Juan Islands! ... It didn't feel right to be back for the wedding without Keith, but we decided the kids should stay home since school is back in full swing and it was going to be a quick trip! Keith was sweet enough to stay back with ALL the kids! I missed him terribly, being back practically in his old backyard without him...but I did have a great time with my family and the wedding was absolutely beautiful!





The night was so much fun with eating contests continued with the Trosts and hours of dancing! It's always a good time with the Trost family!



The afternoon before the reception we drove around to the other side of the island: Roche Harbor and had the most delicious lunch. Nothing quite like a salad topped with fresh crab and a grilled salmon sandwich! amazin!





















Before heading back to the airport we made a quick stop at Deception Pass.

Welcome to the family Kelly! We wish you two lots of happiness. love, and Joy!

12 comments:

Heidi and Bryan said...

it was fun being your roomie but man you sleep like an animal the way your bed looked in the morning the first night!

Grapefruit said...

I'm so jealous, it looks so beautiful there. I love the San Juan Islands! And by the way, you are so stylin in every picture! Look what happens when you don't have kids for a weekend!

Tyler said...

nice pix! Thank you soo much for coming. Love.

White Family said...

Thanks for sharing the great photos! What an amazing wedding! I was so busy visiting and loving the beauty that I didn't take many pictures. Welcome to the fam, Kell!

Steph Weaver said...

I am laughing at Becca's comment...so true, no kid's and us mom's turn into different people! She is right, you look so cute! It looks beautiful there...I will have to put that on my list of "places to see". That might be one I can hit before my kid's leave home! Glad you could get away and have a little break!!

Tyler and Kelly White said...

AW!! Love you guys!! This post is amazing. I stole some pics! I have zero. :( see you soon!

Brett and Lisa said...

looks beautiful! Brett was jealous! Ty and Kelley look great as do you!! Man, I hope I look like you after 4 kids! I would love to look like you after one kids... oh yeah, I already have one :)! you white girls are so stylish!

Brittney said...

wow, the san juan islands sound spectacular! i love your description of it. also heard you were pretty attached to a certain book, do you reccomend?? i am reading the time travlers wife and i am really enjoying it right now, can barely put it down. anyway, glad tyler is so happy and kelly seems very cool. the pictures were beautiful! i cant imagine life there, it does seem like a whole new world. thats cool you and keith had so many memories there. i never wouldve known this place existed!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for the San Juans, and for you being such a great tour guide!

Dusty said...

It looks like it was a great time. Your family is beautiful. I love that you and your sisters all have similar hair right now. Very cute!

Ashley said...

Okay, so I need to plan a trip there right away! It looks SO beautiful. Glad you had fun. Sounds so fun to getaway by yourself for a few days!

Dawn said...

That place is beautiful! You got some amazing pictures and you look beautiful as usual. Miss you and your cute family. Happy Anniversary!