A night away with my Valentine.
It was definitely time for a little get away with just the two of us! I went ahead and booked a hotel in Scottsdale for Valentine's weekend and planned to have Grammy come stay the night with the kids. ( the fun part was that Keith had no idea until we were out to dinner and I told him our bags were packed in the trunk and we had all night and the next day to play.) We were able to fit in a great hike up Squaw Peak, tennis, golf, and swimming. Wow, we need to do this more often!
I'm not sure who had more fun.. the kids or us? Grammy came with all sorts of fun projects for them to do! She brought her sewing machine and the girls made pillow cases, they painted flower pots and planted flowers, and made huge candy cards and valentines for Keith and I! It ended up being a great weekend for all of us! We luv Grammy!



11 comments:
sounds like u two were way more active then we were this weekend! sounds fun!
I think Grammy had the most fun!
We did that two weeks ago for my Birthday and it was great. We are definitely going to do that more often. With the baby coming it could be another year b/c of nursing....ah the sacrifices.
You're so lucky to have your mom so close! I'm glad you guys got a night away. Italy is next, right? :)
How wonderful for you guys! I love that you are so active together, I am quite sure a night out like that for us would have resulted in eating, movies, and more eating. Your mom is sooo sweet!!!
awe! what an awesome night away from the kids! how fun for you to surprise him. what an awesome grammy! those kids are lucky.
how fun, your mom is so cute, how great of her to do that for you and the kids!
wow! How fun! What a great suprise! We need to do that... I am having some leaving Ryan issues, but I just need to get over it and do it!
I think I need Grammy to come for a stay:) What a cute Mom you have. Im so glad you guys got to get away for a weekend!
sounds like such a great time! your mom is adorable, by the way. and i love your new banner pic of the kids.
I'll be posting a video from our stop in Phoenix on the way to Jerome. (By the way- Tayler says that Jerome is where people "go to get drama! get it? Jerome? Duh-rama??" Just ask her. Tayler is so you/mom!
Post a Comment