Friday, January 23, 2009


My girls have always wanted to do a lemonade stand.They have reminded me time and again that Grammy has plenty of extra lemons that we could pick and use to make our very own fresh squeezed lemonade. I'm not sure how many times they have asked to do this, too many to count, but last weekend they had decided they could wait no longer... this was going to be the weekend! They were so determined! I finally gave them the ok and decided to put it off no longer, they were SO EXCITED! The weather was a bit chilly so the idea went from fresh squeezed lemonade to hot cocoa with whip cream and pink sprinkles. AND... instead of a stand they decided it would be fun to take the hot cocoa around to their friends houses bright and early. Before we decided on anymore of the details my girls were off, brainstorming and putting it all together with their friends Kaitlin and Britton. Next thing I knew they had made their own hot cocoa holders from cardboard boxes. The sign on the front of their boxes said "3 dollars each"... I see we've got some entrepreneurs. After a little convincing, that after all,these were their friends we were bringing the hot cocoa to, they decided to change their signs to
"For Free". Even though they didn't bring in the big bucks, they still had a great time saying good morning to all their neighborhood friends with hot cocoa whip cream and sprinkles on top!


Here's some of our stops.






8 comments:

Nancy said...

Looks like you're holding the Mrs. Muumuu Mama standards high and being a fabulous mom! I remember many a lemonade stand as a kid, but this sounds even better.

Courtney said...

I'm sure noone minded the early morning visit since it included whipped cream and sprinkles!

Grapefruit said...

This made my girls' day! They loved it so much and it was so cute. And I'm so happy it didn't end up being $3.00 a cup! Phew! That girl is ambitious! Is she saving for an IPOD or what? :)

White Family said...

I like how they went from entrepreneurs to humanitarians after some encouragement from their mom!! You're teaching them good things and having fun while you're at it! If they are still interested in lemons next month when it's closer to 100 degrees, our trees are LOADED.

Blondie Blues said...

Way too cute! I love staying in touch... Hopefully we can catch up in person in the next few months!

Brittney said...

that is such a cute story. what creative girls, and it sounds like you have an awesome neighborhood full of kids, i am so envious of that!

Steph Weaver said...

This was so cute and my kids loved it! Thanks for thinking of my boys and making them feel so welcome coming back!

Becca and fam said...

What creative girls you have and what a good mommy they have! Cute idea!