It's way more fun to hit with a golf club, than to get hit by a golf club...
7 stitches later.Yesterday KK and Rex were playing in the backyard and suddenly KK came running in the house yelling "Rex is bleeding!" Rex is bleeding!". I ran outside and sure enough Rex was definitely bleeding! KK had taken a good practice swing and nailed her little brother right in the forehead! Luckily Keith was home and is as calm and collective as anyone I know. He took care of our boy and brought him to the ER to get it all stitched up! Rex handled it like a champ, in fact it hardly fazed him. He ran around the waiting room playing with a big smile on his face, he didn't budge while being stitched up, he made an In and Out stop on the way home for some fry's, and as soon as he pulled up the driveway with daddy from the hospital he jumped out of the car and onto his scooter and took off down the street for a ride! Little toughie! Actually I think the whole ordeal was probably hardest on kk! They are both doing better, but between the broken window and forehead, I think it's time to say good bye to the clubs for a while. We'll have to stick with the foam and plastic ones for now!
14 comments:
ouch! i'm glad he has bounced back so well and glad that Keith was around. One of my greatest fears is having to hit the ER alone with the kids.
It's like he's the Harry Potter of golf! I'm sure it's a good sign.
oh my gosh that picture is so cute. When I heard that from Mom about the incident I was so sad! I may have taken it worse than KK, what? Now Rexy and I can have matching 7-stitch scars on our foreheads!!
He's such a boy! Your house is always so eventful. I bet you're never bored!
Kirk got whacked with a baseball bat when he was three, just under his eye. That's what Rex's stitches remind me of. When you have active boys, things like this happen all the time. Probably why Keith was so calm...he remembers.
Poor kid! Golf clubs are some serious weapons! We are still sticking with the plastic ones for big D:)
That is sooo sad! Rex is amazing, I can't believe how tough he was through that...oh wait yes I can.
Poor Rex! I think he might have a future...I am sure Keith is proud! Rex is living Mike's dream!!
holy stitches! that rex never ceases to amaze me with his come-back-ability. he's such a trooper! glad he's okay!
omg, golf drama is right!! poor rex, it looks like he was a brave boy.
Ouch, what a tough boy. I just told Amelia he got that from climbing out of his crib, thanks for helping me put the fear in her.
Oh my goodness! Brayden had to get stitches in his eyebrow when he was about that age, and it was so horrible! me and jer were balling listening to him scream our names while he was strapped down getting stitched. I can't believe how tough Rex is!
Poor guy! I hope this hasn't deterred him from playing golf, he's going to be a star!
Post a Comment