Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thankful.

I just got done checking out my cousin Lisa's blog. I LovE that she is posting something she is grateful for each day! To get myself in the THanksgiving spirit I'm going to do the same.

Here it goes:
NOv. 18- Today I am grateful that my little Rex took a nap! (This happens on very rare occasions!) Not only did
he take a nap, BUT Ben took a nap as well, which he usually does... BUT that he happened to nap at the same time Rex was down was heavenly! Wow, what do I do with a nice quiet house and two little sleeping boys...
too many options.

Catch up on laundry, pay the bills, deep clean the bathrooms, mop my floors, start dinner ...

I decided to put all projects aside and snuggle down in my quiet house in my comfy bed and drifted right off to sleep in the middle of the afternoon.
It was dreamy!

Ends up Rex couldn't fall asleep tonight (which is to be expected if he naps) and so I let him get out of his bed and watch a little show. As I turned to get back to my dinner dishes after turning on BLue's Clues REx melts my heart by saying...
"Mama do you want to come snuggle me"
and so we did. We sat there and snuggled.
Ends up being that is why I was MOST grateful REx napped today!

4 comments:

White Family said...

Aahhhh...the joys of motherhood surface again! XO

Grapefruit said...

Sounds heavenly! I know those nap times are becoming more few and far between! And way to go on blowing off the deep cleaning...I know that is always such a temptation for you. How are we friends? That's never a hard choice for me!

Bryan and Shelly Barney said...

Lynsi--

Rexy is so sweet. I think I just got teary eyed when I read that. Us White Girls. Love ya

Brett and Lisa said...

I am glad you liked the idea, but I can't take credit. It is really great to get you in the thanksgiving mood. Cuddling with babies is the best! SO, I am so sad, but we are not going to be able to come out for Thanksgiving. Brett's dad is flying us to Denver and it is really his family's holiday turn.. so... I gotta do what I gotta do. I am sad, though. We are planning on coming out in January, so we will have to plan something fun then.